Friday, October 28, 2011

Spoiled!

In our house we've appointed me to buying things for the house. Food, towels, decorations, soap, etc. Which is more than fine. Lately when it comes to food I have absolutely been spoiling Derrick and Brielle with some spectacular foods. Since I'm starting school in a couple of months I'm trying to be the best housewife I can be, which isn't hard. It's actually fun. (: I love to cook for my family, and lately they've really enjoyed my cooking.

Grilled ham and cheese. When I cook the sandwhich I put butter on the bread before I throw it in the pan. I take very thinly slice ham and Chedder Jack cheese. I put chesse on one piece of bread then ham and cheese and ham and cheese. You get the idea. And with the soup I use half milk and half water. Makes it creamy (: I throw some cheese in that and some Cilantro on top.
Derricks words "Oh god, I forgot how much I liked this!" He asked me to make it again this week (:
Brielle inhaled her sandwhich and drank her soup like a big girl (:
Steak and Asparugus.
Derrick normally like to do the grilling ( mostly because I hate being in the cold ) So he seasoned the steaks and grilled them up and I did the asparugus. I throw some olive oil on them. And I love lemony stuff and so does Derrick, so I squeezw some lemon juice on them and I take a cheese grater and just grate a little bit of the peel on them. Also throw some lemon pepper and sea salt on them. I cook them to were they're still crunchy but not raw. We love this! It's not so much Brielle's favorite. :p
 Salmon and freshly picked Green Beans.
There are a ton of Farmers Market where we live. I took a visit to one and it was difficult to find one that had green beans. It's getting so cold so fast and everything is just out of season. But I found one and the couple had a green house where they'd been growing some green beans. I picked a few and took them home. The Salmon was just some frozen kind from Wal-Mart. It's difficult to find fresh fish in utah :p but it turned out way good!
With the green beans I snap off the ends and put them in some boiling water. I squeeze a fresh lemon into the water and once again grate some of the peel. Throw lemon pepper, sea salt, season salt, and bacon bits all in the water. Boil everything together!! The flavor soaks in and it taste amazing. Put a lid and just let it boil twenty minutes. With the Salmon I just kind of bull shitted it and threw some seasonings on it and threw it on the grill. Derrick grilled it up for me and it was amazing!
The point of post is because all of my family has been texting me and getting advice because you guys aren't getting along. You can be grown and out of the house or fifteen and this will help. Grab some food. Take it to your parents, cook it up, turn off the TV, and eat around the table together. It's a great way to bond. Derrick and I love cooking. We love sitting down and just enjoy each others company. So turn off your phones, turn the TV off, and just enjoy each other. (:
After a nice meal, putting the baby to bed, and letting the dogs out Derrick and I love to cuddle. When I came back in from taking the dogs out Derrick was like take a picture with me, it was cute because you could tell he was exhausted and stuffed. But enjoy your family (:




No comments:

Post a Comment