Monday, November 11, 2013

Menu Monday

I found the most delicious spinach and artichoke dip. Super easy too!
Looks delicious right?!
Secret: Found it on Pinterest. Seems these days everytime I cook something new my recipe generates from pinterest. This one I found at Natashas Kitchen on Pinterest! 
Ingredients
8oz cream cheese (reduced fat is ok)
  • 16 oz light sour cream
  • 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
  • 2-3 Cups shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 14 oz quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
  • 10 oz frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
  • 1 Tsp. Garlic Salt
Instructions
  1. In a medium pot over medium heat, melt together 8oz cream cheese, 16 oz sour cream, 1 stick butter and 1.5-2 cups parmesan cheese, stirring frequently until melted and an even consistency. It should start to bubble.
  2. Stir in coarsely chopped artichoke hearts and drained spinach. Finally, stir in garlic salt. 
  3. Serve hot with chips or crackers or toasted baguettes or pita chips. 

She used jalapenos but Brielle wouldn't have eaten it if it was too spicy. She also used real garlic cloves, I would have too but, I didn't realize I was out. I was not about to run to the store midway through cooking this just for garlic cloves. Not happening. 
Also, when trying to drain the artichoke hearts I was squeezing them to get the excess juice out and WOW, that is a mess. So I gave you fair warning. 
Let me know if you try this and how it turned out! 
Also follow me on Pinterest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment