Sunday, February 5, 2012

DIY: Marble Nails!

Thanks to my wonderful girls in cosmo, i have become obsessed with Pinterest. Just recently Derrick and I experienced a tragedy. Ever since it happened I've been super crafty and I think it's time to start posting some of the crafts, recipes, and beauty ideas I've seen and tried! The first one I got pictures of was the water marble nails. I love this! If you do it right people will ask where you get your nails done. I got this off Pinterest.
What you'll need:
1 fairly neutral color.
2 or 3 vibrant colors.
1 top coat.
Toothpicks.
A Tupperware with warm (not hot or cold) water
tape. 
 Put the soft or neutral color. It doesn't need a lot of coats because most of it will be covered.
I did a pale pink
 Tape your fingers all around! this will get messy :p
 Add quite a few drops of nail polish. Let it drip off the brush
 Mix it and make a fancy little design, avoid the edges because that area will already be dry.
You will have to add new drops every time because it will dry
 Comin' along (: 
The mess it makes
End product.
Like everything else this take practice! If you don't like it on a nail take nail polish remover and try again. Some look good on me and the others turned out like crap. Just keep trying (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment