Sunday, February 5, 2012

DIY: Boyfriends Scarf

Another post tonight! Last one though I promise.
I've been looking at all these super cute scarves and I decided to make one of my own with all of them combined. :D 
What you'll need:
a man's shirt M-XL
Scissors
First get your shirt out and lay it out as flat as possible. 

 Cut across the armpit area straight across
 Cut the hem line. Save that scrap for later you'll need it
 Cut slits half way up. I mixed up the width of mine but you can keep yours same length (:

Now cut up those slits until there is about an inch

Pull the ends and stretch them out. 
 I added a braid or two to kind of break it up a little more. Was very cute. (:















Ben came over to watch Super Bowl and help me with some crafts! 
The seam I said to save makes a good babysitter. :p



 Gather all the strands together and tie them with the seam you saved. You can make a cute bow. That's what I did.
Ta-Da! 


Rocking the new scarf (: I'll be wearing it to school tomorrow (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment