Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lets color some Eggs!

Easter is practically here! I've been slacking and haven't gotten anything ready yet. No basket, no eggs, and no candy. The day before I decide to color eggs with my parents, hubby, and daughter. I haven't colored eggs in a really long time. It was so much fun. I also wanted to give you guys a couple of obvious ideas that we maybe don't think of. 
 My handsome nephew (: 
 The two that give me my strength 
 My failure ): 
I thought of taping an egg to make a cool design. It worked! he wrapped it around in different areas and it came out fancy like! He's so handsome. <3
1. One trick is to, like I said, tape it. color it first and then tape over it. then drop the egg in another color and it makes a cool almost vain looking design.
2. You can also use waxy crayons to do some polka dots or anything.
3. Most people know about the rubber bands, but just in case you didn't wrap a rubber band or two around your egg and it makes a tye dye looking egg.
4. For this one you might want to help your kids. But use a hot glue gun to draw designs and drop it in the color.
5. Rather than dye use an acrylic paint. Put some paint on a piece of aluminum foil and wrap your egg in it. It gives you a speckled egg that is way cute!
So next Easter you guys have some new ideas for your Easter eggs!
Hope everyone has a happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment